Battlestation thread

We got new gameserver IPs! HERE you can lookup the new adresses.

• Battlestation thread

Let's see your battlestations!
      Here's mine. Pic is old, the setup was a bit messy, but I'm too lazy to take a new pic :D
      6e5442bbe7_l.jpg

Specs:
      -Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0
      -AMD FX 6300 @ 4.2ghz cooled by Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO
      -MSI Radeon RX 470 Gaming X 4GB overclocked at 1390/2050
      -8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2133mhz
      -SSD Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb + HDD WD Blue 1TB, 64mb, 7200 RPM
      -Seasonic M12II 520W
      -Zalman Z11+ High Performance
      -LG Flatron W2363V
      -Logitech Z200 speakers, Superlux HD681 EVO Headphones, Zalman ZM-Mic1 Microphone, R.A.T. 7 Contagion mouse

Here's a benchmark for you to compare:
      Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 Performance Results - UserBenchmark

EDIT: New score. After some tweaking of my CPU OC settings, I now seem to have the fastest FX6300 + RX470 PC in the world. Both are in the 100th percentile, I doubt anyone else achieved this for both components. My GPU score seems to be down for some reason, not sure why, but I don't mind.
      Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 Performance Results - UserBenchmark

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sophos ().

• Ok cool. Here I go. :D
      btw. total hardware noob here ...

WhatsApp Image 2016-12-04 at 22.34.13.jpeg

Motherboard: Asrock Fatal1ty H87 Performance
      CPU: Intel i7-4770
      GPU: Nvidia GTX 650Ti 1Gb, Manufacturer is NVIDIA, DAC type is Intergrated RAMDAC
      RAM: ADATA Premier DIMM Kit 16Gb DDR3 @ 1600 mhz
      Storage: Corsair Force LS 240Gb + Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.C 1Tb 7200RPM 32Mb cache
      PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650W ATX12V/EPS12V 650 EA-650 Platinum
      Fan: Alpenföhn "K2"
      Case: Aerocool Mechatron Black Window Edt ATX
      Monitor: 2x Dell UltraSharp 24" U2414H Full HD
      DVD Burner: Asus DRW-24F1ST 24x SA BK B
      Keyboard: cherry rs 6000 usb on
      Mouse: Logitech M100
      Headphone: Sennheiser HD 424

Benchmark
      Asrock H87 Performance Performance Results - UserBenchmark

The post was edited 3 times, last by slotty ().

• slotty wrote:

btw. total hardware noob here ...
      Sorry, but I can see that haha :D

slotty wrote:

Motherboard: Asrock Fatal1ty H87 Performance

CPU: Intel i7 4770
      GPU: Nvidia GTX 650Ti 1Gb (Might be good to include manufacturer name, like ASUS, MSI, EVGA, Zotac, Palit...)
      RAM: 16Gb DDR3 @ 1600 mhz (Got brand name and model?)
      Storage: Corsair Force LS 240Gb + Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.C 1Tb 7200RPM 32Mb cache
      PSU: (Fill this in if you know what Brand and model power supply you have, also wattage)
      Case:
      Monitor: 2 x (Whatever monitor you have)
      Peripherals: (Your speakers, mouse, keyboard, headset... everything you proudly show on your desk)
      Here, I fixed some of your info, but it still requires you to fill something in. It's up to you though, whether you want to fill missing parts or not. Info like Uptime (how long has your PC been on), Run Date and Duration (when you benchmarked and how long it lasted) and stuff like that isn't really part of your specs.

Also, your PC is a bit unbalanced, depending on what you do, you might want to get a more powerful GPU if you like playing games. The CPU is top of the line, I doubt anyone needs better than 4770, but you overspent on Motherboard (total overkill if your CPU isn't unlocked K model, as you can't overclock). You might also want to consider overclocking your RAM, it gives you a decent boost, especially if you know how to tighten the timings.

You can see I completely based my PC on the ability to play games, and I am yet to find a game I can't run properly. Gaming requires a strong GPU, CPU is important, but only up to a point not to bottleneck your GPU. In your case, your CPU is powerful enough you can throw any GPU in there and have fun in games. I would recommend a GTX 1070 for your build, it would run games nicely even on our dual monitor setup, at decent frames.
    • @Sophos

I edited my post and tried to complete the specs as much as I could. :)
      The NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 is way too expensive. :S How would I even know whether it fits inside my PC? The "Alpenföhn" fan, is humongous and takes up so much space. When I bought this PC I had a budget that I did not want to exceed and I got most parts rather cheap, as they were already used or just old (those badass headphones for reference :D).

Thanks for taking your time and explaining my setup to me. You saved me a ton of time.

The post was edited 2 times, last by slotty ().

• UserBenchmarks: Game 28%, Desk 40%, Work 25%
      CPU: AMD A6-3650 APU
      GPU: XFX AMD HD 7850
      SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
      HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB
      HDD: WD Blue 320GB (2010)
      RAM: Kingston 9905471-011.A00LF 2x4GB (1333MHz)
      MBD: Asus F1A75
      Win 7 (service pack 1)
      Monitor: LG E2350 21,5"
      keyboard: logitech G105
      mouse: logitech G500
      headphones: HyperX Cloud II
      5 years old rig (maybe little younger GPU),...,but only last two components make a difference ingame (at least in cod4)
      userbenchmark.com/UserRun/2861872
    • slotty wrote:

@Sophos

I edited my post and tried to complete the specs as much as I could. :)
      The NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 is way too expensive. :S How would I even know whether it fits inside my PC? The "Alpenföhn" fan, is humongous and takes up so much space. When I bought this PC I had a budget that I did not want to exceed and I got most parts rather cheap, as they were already used or just old (those badass headphones for reference :D).

Thanks for taking your time and explaining my setup to me. You saved me a ton of time.
      Yes, 1070 is very pricey. Another good buy would be Radeon RX 480, if you find it from a good brand, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro OC+ is a good model, and so is XFX RX480 GTR. I'd go for XFX, heard many good things about cooling of that card.

Also, where you wrote Nvidia is a manufacturer, it works a bit different that that lol. Nvidia makes the reference card, and then supplies the chip itself to other manufacturers, but manufacturers do the work of designing the PCB, fan/heatsinks... I understand the confusion though, and it's really hard to find the manufacturer of your card without opening your case.But yeah, just saying it's a GTX 650ti isn't a mistake.

EDIT: That Aerocool case should easily fit large cards like 1070, and fan shouldn't be an issue if installed properly. The fan should go front to back, not down to PCI slots. And it still wouldn't matter. If the fan doesn't touch the top part of your GTX 650Ti, it wouldn't touch the top of the GTX 1070 either, as 1070 would only go further back towards the front part of the case, and you should have space there.

IveMESTAR wrote:

UserBenchmarks: Game 28%, Desk 40%, Work 25%
      CPU: AMD A6-3650 APU
      GPU: XFX AMD HD 7850
      SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
      HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB
      HDD: WD Blue 320GB (2010)
      RAM: Kingston 9905471-011.A00LF 2x4GB (1333MHz)
      MBD: Asus F1A75
      Win 7 (service pack 1)
      Monitor: LG E2350 21,5"
      keyboard: logitech G105
      mouse: logitech G500
      headphones: HyperX Cloud II
      5 years old rig (maybe little younger GPU),...,but only last two components make a difference ingame (at least in cod4)
      userbenchmark.com/UserRun/2861872
      That's a beastly rig for CoD4, I had HD 7870 and it can run pretty much anything still, but it struggles with higher settings. Also, that GPU had it's 5th birthday a month ago as well :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sophos ().

• old two-system setup and actual setup, single system. read signature ;P
      Files
      • IMAG1069.jpg

(978.51 kB, downloaded 19 times, last: )
      • IMAG1736.jpg

(886.04 kB, downloaded 19 times, last: )

System:
      AMD FX-8320 BlackEdition 8x3,5 GHz @Coolermaster Freezer 13
      MSI 970A-G43 // GeIL 2x8GB DDR3-1600
      Gainward nVIDIA GTX 970 OC 4GB
      256GB SSD // 2TB SATA
      43" UHD 4k Samsung // 32" FullHD Toshiba
      SteelSeries Rival 300 // MS Sidewinder X4
      Creative T6060 5.1 // Creative SoundBlaster Tactic3D Fury
      2x XBOX One Controller // 1x XBOX 360 Controller

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    • derbst wrote:

old two-system setup and actual setup, single system. read signature ;P
      I tried with a 40" TV myself, all it caused is my eyes to feel like they are bleeding. Never again. I'm faithful to my 24" monitor for now on, I would go to 27" at most for 16:9, or 34" if 21:9 (same height monitor, only 21:9 is a lot wider).
      photo_2017-02-18_03-09-50.jpg
    • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @4Ghz
      Ram: 16 GB DDR4
      SSD: 240GB
      HDD: 1 X 1TB, 1 x 2TB
      Graphics: Asus NVIDEA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5
      Keyboard: Logitech
      Mouse: Logitech G500
      Headset: Roccat Kave 5.1 Digital
      Sound: Logitech Z906 3D
      Internet: 120 Mbit/s down / 6 Mbit/s up.
      Files
      Wer aufgehört hat besser zu werden, hat aufgehört gut zu sein.
    • Speedy wrote:

Sound: Logitech Z906 3D
      I want those speakers so much, but my current room arrangement doesn't really allow me to fully utilise 5.1 system, I'd have nowhere to put the back speakers.

Oi, I forgot that thread was yours. Sorry.

It was actually the inspiration for this thread.