Daxok strikes again.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Daxok strikes again.

What a surprise, the infamous legend strikes again.
    Probably everybody knows him by now and yet he's still roaming in our servers.
    Despite the 1 month ban was given, NOTHING has changed.

In short this demo shows two things:

- Anti-Camp system clearly easily flawed by going from corner to corner
    - Justice not served right

From my point of view:

- Easy fix, increase anti-camp diameter
    - Ban him, he will learn English and show up as soon as you do

Rename .jpeg to .dm_1

Cheers.
    Files
    • Daxok.jpeg

(729.45 kB, downloaded 8 times, last: )
  • @BASS HOUSE this is a really "delicate" situation mate, banning someone for his playstyle is "delicate", putting
    • in one hand the confort of a communtity
    • and on the other hand justice for that one naughty little boy who doesn't please the community
    and believe me, our admins' job is like a really bad costumer care, and they have nailed it so many times.

one other thing, the anti-camping system isn't flawed mate, Mister Daxok just waits for the first warning then takes a small excursion, and eventually goes back to the previous position, not flawed !
    "Life without music is just an error, an exhaustion, an exile."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche.
  • 1.I do not understand what is the problem with daxok, there are several like him, I even do the same. I can make a list of 20 players who are campers, as well as I think it's something personal, that's my point of view.

what they should do instead of blaming daxok is to improve the anticamp system

everyone has their style of play
  • I find the anti camp feature to be fine as it is.
    Different people have different playstyles and it'll always be that way.

If the anticamp feature lowers in radius or even shortens in time, people will constantly feel rushed.

There's times where I've emptied a magazine from my AK47, don't have time to reload, switch to my deagle, empty that mag too. That gets me an airstrike which I find a place to call in. Now I'm stationary, I call in my air strike and reload both weapons.

Doing this notifies me to stop camping even though I've not got myself fully prepared to re-enter battle. Camping happens even when you're not meaning too.

In Daxoks case, he is intentionally camping. Again this happens, and it's not just him.
    The best we can do is warn them, kick them for continuing to break the rules or temp-ban them for ignoring admins.

The higher-ups make this server the best it can be to accomadate for all people, of all playstyles. People who normally camp, generally take it at a much slower pace and patrol the map. Stopping to get cover, assessing the situation and moving on. No warnings.

That is absolutely fine, it keeps people moving but they can implement a "camp" as long as they're within the timeframe of the warning.

Its not an easy thing banning a member of the community. You're not only losing a player from your server, it's potentially someone who literally only plays on the GB servers. To stop that is a lot of responsibility.

Anyway, he's on a cooler for a little under a week so revel in it while it lasts :rofl:
  • Rules stated clearly; no camping. His "playstyle" doesn't fit the rules to begin with and he has been disobeying warns, kicks and bans for years, yet he still persists on doing what he wants.

I already said these things in another thread and I don't see the point in repeating.

Fact is, the aim of GB2 server is to move and kill hence why such rule has been placed from the first place. Sitting in a corner of the map camping and meddling with the anti-camp system isn't.
  • relapmk wrote:

1.I do not understand what is the problem with daxok, there are several like him, I even do the same. I can make a list of 20 players who are campers, as well as I think it's something personal, that's my point of view.

what they should do instead of blaming daxok is to improve the anticamp system

everyone has their style of play
    just because there is a number of players disobeying the rules doesn't mean they are doing the right thing. With that said, Daxok is a special case and all admins are aware of this.

This thread isn't just about camping, its about a player ignoring admins' orders for years.
  • BASS brother, dude, mi amigo, the system's job is to make people move out, not to prevent them from going back, and if so it would be absurd, (making a part of the map inaccessible for the camper for a period of time) like i've said absurd.(if that's your point)
    you seem to have missed the definition of camping or I'am getting you wrong.
    He is getting his punishement dude, small doses of kicks and bans are more irritating than a long term one, he is famous, the admins are aware of him and his action, so don't worry.
    "Life without music is just an error, an exhaustion, an exile."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche.
  • Like @Capital_F already said, we are aware of the situation and are willing to take further actions.
    He already got his 6 day Vacation....if he continues again.....he will get another punishment.

Regads
    DoMaxiHa

#closed
    #topicdone

You have questions?
    Private Support HERE