Does anyone here follow cryptocurrency?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sean_X wrote:

ummm...both :?:
      blockchain

What is Blockchain Technology and Why Should You Care? - Federated Service Solutions

reddit.com/r/blockchain

cryptocurrency

reddit.com/r/cryptocurrency - filled with memes but the sidebar has a lot of info

What is Cryptocurrency: Everything You Need To Know [Ultimate Guide]

On the reddit links, there is tons of information in the sidebar to the right

MCO

CRYPTO.COM

MCO is what I have referal codes for, I've linked their website above if you want to view.
      The app makes it easy to buy and sell crypto and also convert it to fiat, they will also be distributing debit-cards so you can spend your crypto anywhere that accepts visa
    • There are 1930 different types of crypto currency available today, 2 weeks ago that number was 1910. (not counting ICO's)

We probably need a consolidation back to 500 or less types of coins before we will see any real growth again. Right now the total market-cap is spread thin over too many pointless altcoins who's main aim is for their owners to make a quick buck. In the long term I hope these will self regulate, become obsolete and we see money flow back into well constructed tech. (For example ENG/Enigma, a decent university team behind it, no hype, and a good roadmap. Secret contract tech that will probably work very well.) I have invested in that one, I also invested in XVG before it went really high up. Turned 00 into 0000, but was indecisive (or greedy) and did not take the profit. Lost a great portion of that again. Coin is not worth much atm, but it goes for most of them. Bitcoin dominance is at 56% right now, seems people are playing it safe. Also the total market cap is about 3.6 times smaller than it once was, not the best of times. My prediction is that once coins find a real application they will rapidly increase in volume, but I fear that is 6 to 12 months away at least. So basically: good moment to start investing for the long run, but read up and don't ever go on twitter for this sort of stuff, because you will experience FOMO like you have never experienced it before. :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Prototype ().

• BASS HOUSE wrote:

Freaky wrote:

MCO

CRYPTO.COM

MCO is what I have referal codes for, I've linked their website above if you want to view.
      The app makes it easy to buy and sell crypto and also convert it to fiat, they will also be distributing debit-cards so you can spend your crypto anywhere that accepts visa
      Is it similar to Revolute? What are the benefits?
      The bad thing about Revolut is you don't actually own the keys to your wallet, meaning you don't own the crypto.

If revolut go bust or get hacked then your coins/tokens are gone too, because you don't own them, they do

Also you can't transfer your tokens in or out, it's just fiat, which kind of defeats the point

With MCO, you can transfer selected crypto or fiat in and out of the app Its self

The app has a few benefits including up to 2% cashback on crypto transfers and a lot more that's explained much better on their website ^^

Prototype wrote:

There are 1930 different types of crypto currency available today, 2 weeks ago that number as 1910. (not counting ICO's)

We probably need a consolidation back to 500 or less types of coins before we will see any real growth again. Right now the total market-cap is spread thin over too many pointless altcoins who's main aim is for their owners to make a quick buck. In the long term I hope these will self regulate, become obsolete and we see money flow back into well constructed tech. (For example ENG/Enigma, a decent university team behind it, no hype, and a good roadmap. Secret contract tech that will probably work very well.) I have invested in that one, I also invested in XVG before it went really high up. Turned 00 into 0000, but was indecisive (or greedy) and did not take the profit. Lost a great portion of that again. Coin is not worth much atm, but it goes for most of them. Bitcoin dominance is at 56% right now, seems people are playing it safe. Also the total market cap is about 3.6 times smaller than it once was, not the best of times. My prediction is that once coins find a real application they will rapidly increase in volume, but I fear that is 6 to 12 months away at least. So basically: good moment to start investing for the long run, but read up and don't ever go on twitter for this sort of stuff, because you will experience FOMO like you have never experienced it before. :)
      yeah ICOs in their current state are majorly hindering the cryptosphere
      Way too many shitcoins floating about with no real use case... heres looking at you jesuscoin

I also did the same with getting too greedy after the December moon but still walked away with profit

As they say, it's a perfect time to buy the dip
      Especially with litecoin down to just £40 currently
    • Freaky wrote:

I think you mean revolutionary ;)
      Yeah sure, for some use cases especially with decentralization. BUT it is way too hyped and there are serious businesses hiring people to do any blockchain work just to say we have implemented blockchain... An guess what? Their f***ing market value increases just because of the name. At this point every investment in cryptocurrency is straight up gambling (which is fine but people need to know that).

John Oliver describes this issue very well and extremely funny and also for "nontechnical" people.

• Momo wrote:

Freaky wrote:

I think you mean revolutionary ;)
      Yeah sure, for some use cases especially with decentralization. BUT it is way too hyped and there are serious businesses hiring people to do any blockchain work just to say we have implemented blockchain... An guess what? Their f***ing market value increases just because of the name. At this point every investment in cryptocurrency is straight up gambling (which is fine but people need to know that).
      John Oliver describes this issue very well and extremely funny and also for "nontechnical" people.

Yeah for sure it's a gamble, but any investments a gamble; this market is just so volatile, it kicks and screams like a baby :rofl:

Just like the .com bubble, it's going to crash eventually and when it does, the best products will prevail and hopefully they're the products you've backed

If people go in with the mindset of "I'll buy some coins and hope for the best" then they'll be out of luck in the long run
      But if they do their research and really look in to the concepts, read the whitepaper, embrace the community, research the team behind the product their making, then their decisions could pay off and hold a nice profit

It is really interesting to get in to, but hey, I love doing research that sort of thing haha :D