what is allowed?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what is allowed?

Hi Folks,

i am a little bit confused.
      I thought we as a clan play without any config corrections or binds and what ever.
      But we of course kick cheater.
      A cheater is someone who takes an advantage of something, maybe wallhack etc.
      But isn't it an advantage to correct the config in any case, means do not useing the default config?
      Someone of us told me its normal to use binds maybe in a sniper match, to shoot faster or what ever.
      I got another meaning of playing fair and i don't like this to change anything on the config.
      But to be fair i believe someone need to post details of config corrections what is permitted.
      So everyone got the same advantages, or noone use it.
      If noone use it, it would be fair to our guests on our servers, we order them to do not cheat.
      Think about it and maybe they are some comments to this thread
      Thanks
      FrankDrebin (Martin)
    • hmm. I can relate to you feeling let down, but I believe it's alright the way it's handled now.
      In CoD4 there is a bunch of options you can tweak through manually editing the config alright.

Most of the options you may manually set do no harm when changed.
      Then again there are a bit more usefull ones (mostly visual - to detect enemies better/faster).
      Going further there's the option to bind specific actions to keys. It's harmless, as long as you use them to bind text messages for fast chat response. Now it's possible to bind small "scripts", which - as they are executed - may do the double weapon switch for you (you can also do this manually, but it's a lot easier with the bind) or even such extremely advantagous things as shooting the whole magazine of a single fire weapon in means of a second (deaglescript).

As you can see there is a wide range for the usefullness of these config options.
      Back in the day, some config options were not allowed during professional CoD4 matches.

Although this is not listed in the penalties table (ruleset), everyone with a common sense would agree on the fact that scripts - which are extremely unfair like fast shooting scripts (hence the deaglescript) - should be/are already forbidden on most Servers out there (all of GB). As for other config options ... Do you know the "grey zone" lawyers sometimes mention? You know there was a time, lawyers said "it's in the grey zone" when people were watching streamed movies on the internet for free? - okay, thats dark grey, but I think you get what I want to say. Most config options are not in the black, nor the white - they're in between, like in the "grey zone".

Also technically it's kind of impossible to punish everyone that manually changed the config, because some changes with smaller impact for other users (like doubleWeapSwitch and visual adaption) are much harder to detect and (I believe) there are just way too many people using those already.

In the end Games (game rules) will always be adjustable to a certain degree. Most of it is in the grey zone.
      I hope this sorts things out for you? :)

Greetings,
      ~slotty | Felix

BTW.: We are punishing fullbright.

The post was edited 2 times, last by sonic: spelling and specification ().

• slotty wrote:

which are so extremely unfair like fast shooting scripts (hence the deaglescript) - should be/are already forbidden on most Servers out there (all of GB)
      Using scripts is allowed, doesn't matter which kind of script it is.
      We had dicussions about this WAY too often, they are allowed and i don't think that will change any time soon.
      Additionally, most people don't even use scripts, that empty the whole mag in less than a second.
    • nah nah nah

At first, fast shoting script shouldn't be allowed it give you too big advantage against players ...

Fast Shot Script + HK G3 ... God, it's annoying and not fair. Desert Eeagle too ...
      "As You Wish"
      ~Boba Fett
    • INSOMNIA wrote:

ya it is....already asked the management
      Copy, paste and don't get punished? 8o

Brainfuck Source Code

1. ---Fast-Shot-Bind:
      2. bind MWHEELDOWN "+attack;+reload;-reload;weapnext;wait 5;weapprev;+attack;wait 5;-attack;wait 1"
      3. bind MWHEELUP "+attack;+reload;-reload;weapnext;wait 5;weapprev;+attack;wait 5;-attack;wait 1"
      4. ---Deagle-Script-Bind:
      5. bind MWHEELDOWN "+attack;wait 5;+attack;wait 5;-attack;wait 1;+attack;wait 5;+attack;wait 5;-attack;wait 1"
      6. bind MWHEELUP "+attack;wait 5;+attack;wait 5;-attack;wait 1;+attack;wait 5;+attack;wait 5;-attack;wait 1"

Well, here we go then. :assault: X/

:pillepalle:
    • HEmiXwerteZ wrote:

nah nah nah

At first, fast shoting script shouldn't be allowed it give you too big advantage against players ...

Fast Shot Script + HK G3 ... God, it's annoying and not fair. Desert Eeagle too ...
      i agree...but there is no future in arguing about it :closed:
      it gives huge advantage over low skilled players
      but i enjoy when someone come and play with all kind of help and still only gets some serious spanking :dash:
    • people do have advantage with those binds and scripts n etc....
      but lets be honest here , if u cant aim then what good does fast shoot do? Better shoot slower n aim more .
      about quickswitch , well tbh if u suck its no advantage n if ur good then well , u dont need it lol
      Bout visual things , fullb not allowed yet a very big advantage are (btw allowed)film effects , but like i said , if u suck then all it does is makes u see bit better but not a better player .
      Tbh my point here is that if u got no aim and gamesense then all those 'advantages' are not advantages
      I'm ruthless , rude , straight forward . But im fair and loyal .
    • Well FrankDrebin. There's your answer.
      Even fastshooting scripts (yes, also the deaglescript in the video) are allowed.
      This means, anyone correct me if I am wrong, that all manual changes to the config file are allowed, except enlarged FoV and fullbright?

But nice guys won't use the extreme tweaks like that fastshooting thing.
      And at GB we are all nice guys :thumbup:

... I believe.

The post was edited 2 times, last by sonic: added question ().

• slotty wrote:

(yes, also the deaglescript in the video)
      Those deagle scripts aren't used by ANYONE in a serious way.
      Don't really see the problem here either, considering the fact that the ACTUALLY USED deagle scripts aren't even that fast 90% of the time, i can click faster or just as fast as some people have set up their script, additionally it doesn't do you ANY good if you can't hit anything, because you don't know how to control recoil/don't have good enough aim, just like hidden said.
      Higher FoV/fullbright require a "manipulated" game exe, which obviously isn't allowed.
    • Prezery wrote:

Higher FoV/fullbright require a "manipulated" game exe, which obviously isn't allowed.
      Okay, thanks. Just heard already that you can enable fullbright via console (say, change it in the config) on some servers. That must have been rubbish then. :)

Prezery wrote:

i can click faster or just as fast as some people have set up their script, additionally it doesn't do you ANY good if you can't hit anything, because you don't know how to control recoil/don't have good enough aim, just like hidden said.
      This might be true. But as I am not sure about it, I would really like to put this to a test. :D
      One guy with a "normal" deagle against a bunch of script kiddies. ^^
      (for a realistic setup - if it's allowed, multiple people could use it)

Hooyah! :pump: :evil:
    • slotty wrote:

Okay, thanks. Just heard already that you can enable fullbright via console (say, change it in the config) on some servers. That must have been rubbish then.
      Fullbright CAN be enabled by the server, on "normal" servers you have to tweak your exe.

slotty wrote:

That may be true. But as I am not sure about it, I would really like to put this to a test.
      One guy with a "normal" deagle against a bunch of script kiddies.
      (for a realistic setup - if it's allowed, multiple people could use it)
      Can't really test this, since you have to find people of the EXACT SAME skill level, which is pretty much impossible.
    • Ok thanks
      thats might give me a better view of some things.
      As i understand the deaglescript give you a faster binding from pressing the mouse button to fire to the game, or the game that want to give a little pause between this action is erased, means press button and shoot at nearly the same milisecond.
      I though i was old and my reaction getting slower, but now i understand.
      I can not understand why its allowed, its a big advantage, the most advantage in small maps, they are many on the servers.
      I have a question, is it ok for you if you got a race with snails and someone has a rat and nobody cares........?
      So why you speak about advantage over low skilled players, i think if they play without these advantages they are much less low skilled players as you believe.
      But anyway it seems there is no other way to be a top skilled player without useing these helps.
      By means what is allowed to change in the configs.
      I remember in cod uo they change the frame rate from 85 to 125 is there something equal at the cod4 config and is the allowed?
      maybe someone can give me some tipps, because I don't want to called a low skilled player.
      Don't worry guys I don't want to blame on you pleople useing these things, I only want you to think about it, nothing more.
      Have a nice evening
      FrankDrebin
    • Fps can be changed. Fov can be changed. Fov goes from 65-80. Default is 65. Fps default is 85. I don't see to much advantage with changing those at all. I play on 2 computers. One I have set to 60 fps and 65 fov and it's an older pc and I do well. Some maps I drop to 30-40 fps like castle. So should we all just set to 30 fps to be fair to all? My other newer pc when I play I have set to 125 fps and have played both 65 and 80 fov. As well as different fps settings and do the same. It's a lot better specs and better screen so can see a bit better on it.

I use a Logitech G502 mouse. Has a few extra buttons on it that I use for nades and one that when pressed and held changes my dpi to a higher dpi so I can look faster. (Can set it to lower the dpi). Should we all have to get the same pc specs, keyboard, monitor, mouse, headset etc?

All those things can give an advantage. Using things like fullbright, aimbot, wallhack etc are things that fall under cheating. Even in the game if cheats is not enabled for a server then fullbright, laser etc can't be used. So clearly labeled as cheats even by the devs.

As for binds, I agree allow them. Shoot bind anyone can go and set up to mouse wheel. Sure it shoot fast but it also means player runs out of ammo faster or has to reload sooner. I don't use myself and I can aim. And as said, many can click fast. Seen a few who were banned from servers because they thought they had there fire button bind to mouse wheel or a script. And they had to prove they just tap that fast.

My mouse can do macros as well and I have done on my own to test. I can set it to a button and when I press that button it will shoot while held down and keep shooting as if I am tapping my fire button. I can set the speed even. I don't but I can with my mouse.

Start coming up with to many rules and it makes it harder on admins. How to police etc. and like I said, were do you stop at as far as advantages go? Mousepad size? Pc specs? Mouse bungee? Etc. I think some of those give a far better advantage over something like fov, or fps.

Fullbright I get because it can make players stick out. Although other spots they blend.
    Freaky Winner of
    3rd GB Event
    Q1 2019