Application for requesting new features on #Gb2 Server

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Application for requesting new features on #Gb2 Server

Greetings Family !! ;)

Its been a great time always playing on our servers , i am enjoying it a lot and of course big thanks to our experienced community for their much efforts they keep putting to make it for us.

i have a suggestion for our #GB2 Server or maybe can work on #GB1 as well i hope you guys are gonna give it a good look

its about commencing a special gun matches like sniper,deagle or shotgun where every players are automatically replaced with any of the guns mentioned till the match reaches its time

well this is maybe how it can workout ( i know a few servers working like that )
      lets suppose a usual match has just began and we want a sniper exclusive match. so only members / admins or any above staff could write a command like !sniper so this command will put this to vote and rest players got to vote for it to happen with !vy or simply !y..if people are in favour they will vote yes if not then !Vn or !n . Theres no forcing anybody,and i think thats the best way too . so if enough required votes passes in favour the configuration will change and every player will be assigned with snipers only till the end of the match or even command like !regular can be used to start a voting session again if players just want a regular original match again ? same goes for !deagle or !shotgun or the authorities can decide better alternatives commands..

sometimes it just gets boring after you,ve played a several good matches so i think these new form of matches are gonna be totally perfect for those boring occasions and still it would all happen with players decisions by voting, so a fair use of powers too .also it would attract a lot more players i think for this feature and definitely its gonna be a lot of fun too

ok so about the voting criteria i reckon when i was playing on other server with this feature it was a team death-match server , we were playing 11 vs 11 maybe . so it required 6 (yes) votes to pass ( if server is full even in case ) in order for changes to happen ...so we can also maybe use the same threshold ..lets suppose if only 2 players are playing then just 2 (yes) votes ,if 5 players playing then 3 (yes) votes , but 6 (yes) votes is all it would be needing if 10 or any more players are playing at that moment..

well voting criteria can be decided later ,lets first just see if these changes can be made to our servers..i can maybe try to get a video demo of how exactly it all works on other server

Thanks Fam
      FearThis
      :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by FearThis ().

• GB#1 has something similar to this, where it intermittently changes to snipers only (killhouse) or deagle only (shipment).
      I would love to see this more frequently, especially it's own dedicated server.
      Regards,

• I remember when you came up with this idea it was when we played on GB#2 server (map Shipment), you proposed this to DoMaxiHa. This is a great idea and I hope it will soon be applied to the GB#2 server. You did a wonderful job of telling everyone about your idea. I will fully support you in this my friend :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :done: :done: :done: :done:
    • yeah, it would have to be it's own standalone server if it was to happen.
      That would create such a change on a TDM server.

Be fun to play though, if it rotates each map, and each map is either deagles only, snipers only or other party games like Gungame, one in the chamber or infected

Could be deagles only one map, then the next it's one in the chamber
      Regards,

• First of all thank you all for the responses , Ok well not a problem i guess if its got to have its own server with these features..
      Would it be a ffa server ? Or a team death match ? Both sounds great tho but yeah as felix said it was hell of a game that day playing ffa on wetwork with deagle , then domaxiha changed it to shotguns lol...
      Lets see how far this goes
      FearThis
      :)
    • I don't like the idea here is why :
      votes in COD aren't that Democratic, meaning that on a population of 25 players in FFA for example only 5 or so would vote and you will force a certain gameplay on the other 20 who are just some kids who cannot read and signed in just to kill people with their favorite gun (given that the 5 voted yes). It Would be acceptable if all the players are forced to vote and that would a bit off, on gb1 and 2 for their skirmish nature.
      Picture this scenario : i don't like snipers and a vote passed to play a sniper game, why would i stay then ? Even when changing the vote system to be "quorum" like, ( votes only pass if half of the population are positive) there is a guy who would leave, on an 11 population if 6 voted the other 5 will leave, due to a forced gameplay, on a 25 population if 13 voted the other 12 will leave and so on, and the clan doesn't want that.
      We are already doing this mate when the server is empty-ish and some friends are left someone in the chat would shout :" ayee, wanna knife boys ?" And it's a knife game, no need for a command to force people doing stuff they don't like ! And master @Mawlana can confirm.
      It would be a cool idea to try on another server though but not gb1 and 2 !

"Life without music is just an error, an exhaustion, an exile."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche.
    • Messing with the 2 most popular servers is not the best of ideas
      There is a reason they're the most visited and changing things could create a lower player count in the long run

There are dormant servers that very rarely get used that would be better suited to a new gamemode
      Regards,

• Capital_F wrote:

No me gusta, la idea aquí es por qué: los
      votos en COD no son demócratas, lo que significa que en una población de 25 jugadores en FFA, por ejemplo, solo 5 o más votarán y forzarás una cierta jugabilidad en los otros 20 que son solo algunos niños que no pueden leer e iniciar sesión solo para matar personas con su arma favorita (dado que los 5 votaron que sí). Sería aceptable si todos los jugadores estuvieran obligados a votar y eso sería un poco fuera, en gb1 y 2 por su naturaleza de escaramuza.
      Imagínese este escenario: no me gustan los francotiradores y se aprobó una votación para jugar un juego de francotiradores, ¿por qué me quedaría entonces? Incluso cuando se cambia el sistema de votación para que sea "quórum", (los votos solo se aprueban si la mitad de la población es positiva) hay un tipo que se iría, sobre una población de 11 si 6 votaron los otros 5 se irán, debido a una fuerza juego, en una población de 25 si 13 votaron, los otros 12 se irán y así sucesivamente, y el clan no quiere eso.
      Ya estamos haciendo este compañero cuando el servidor está vacío y algunos amigos se quedan. Alguien en el chat gritaría: "ayee, ¿quieren cuchillos?" Y es un juego de cuchillos, ¡no es necesario un comando para obligar a las personas a hacer cosas que no les gustan! Y el maestro @Mawlana puede confirmar.
      Incredible 100% in agreement :)
    • Capital_F wrote:

I don't like the idea here is why :
      votes in COD aren't that Democratic, meaning that on a population of 25 players in FFA for example only 5 or so would vote and you will force a certain gameplay on the other 20 who are just some kids who cannot read and signed in just to kill people with their favorite gun (given that the 5 voted yes). It Would be acceptable if all the players are forced to vote and that would a bit off, on gb1 and 2 for their skirmish nature.
      Picture this scenario : i don't like snipers and a vote passed to play a sniper game, why would i stay then ? Even when changing the vote system to be "quorum" like, ( votes only pass if half of the population are positive) there is a guy who would leave, on an 11 population if 6 voted the other 5 will leave, due to a forced gameplay, on a 25 population if 13 voted the other 12 will leave and so on, and the clan doesn't want that.
      We are already doing this mate when the server is empty-ish and some friends are left someone in the chat would shout :" ayee, wanna knife boys ?" And it's a knife game, no need for a command to force people doing stuff they don't like ! And master @Mawlana can confirm.
      It would be a cool idea to try on another server though but not gb1 and 2 !

@Capital_F I agree with you buddy!
    • If people would like to have this, we can try it as an own ffa server, since the GB2 is always way to full.
      The function of setting specific weapons on the spot is already there, so it shouldn't be much work.
      Regards
      P.S. Specifically for GB2 we're following the principle "Never change a running system" because this server is full since 2013.
    |GB| FREAKY Winner of
    GB Event
    Fall 2018